- A Free Book for the Holidays!
- Outwit, Outslay, Outlive
- Ghost Chasers- The Hunt Begins!
- $.99 Sale, now with bonus silly ranting!
- Sci-Fi Free Reads!
- Crucible Station’s Free Days
- Book Review- Kyle Harrison Movie Star
- 2018- The Year of the Series
- Big Fun Dystopian Giveaway
- Superheroes for sale- Cheap!
- Because it’s MY Blog, That’s Why.
- So you have to write a blurb for your novel.
- Guest Blogger- Author Lincoln Cole
- The Top 4 Pitfalls of Running a Newsletter
- Ghost at the College is free until Oct. 13th
Join 878 other subscribers
Category Archives: Bad Writing Advice
Bad Romance Writing Advice
There are a bazillion articles about how to write–and how not to write–a romance novel. Romance sells. Annually, it is a billion dollar industry. According to the Romance Writers of America, 32% of trade paperbacks sold are romance novels, and … Continue reading
Beta Readers and You (How Not to be a Dick)
I’ve recently finished my fourth book, and beta readers are on my mind. While it is always a good idea to have a stranger read your book, our first beta readers are often friends and family. Here’s some thoughts on the matter. Continue reading
Sometimes “Show Don’t Tell” is BS
My third book, Descending, has been out at some publishers. I got a rejection on one partial a while back, and it had a little feedback attached. I don’t often get feedback from anyone, so I was excited at first. … Continue reading
Grammar vs Creative License
Today’s post comes from some comments I’ve read both here and on the writing forum I frequent. It can cause arguments, so let me get one thing straight from the beginning—I believe with all my heart that each one of … Continue reading
Posted in Bad Writing Advice, Grammar, writing, Writing Advice Tagged grammar, grammar advice, Grammar vs creative license, writing advice 14 Comments
Bad Writing Advice
Like all professions, and especially in the arts, when you participate there is always a plethora of people and even masters of creation who have loads of advice to give the uninitiated. Veritable loads of advice. Some of it useful, … Continue reading
Posted in Bad Writing Advice, photography, writing, Writing Advice Tagged bad writing advice, billy, writing, writing advice 400 Comments